New U Pizza - Cauliflower Crust
- 1/2 head of cauliflower (makes 2 cups after food processed)
- 1 egg
- 2 oz finely shredded cheese of choice (mozzarella, cheddar, colby jack or pepper jack)
- 3 TB nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground sea salt
- Toppings of choice
- Boboli thin crust
- Zimm’s cheese pizza
In a hurry but want a kind of homemade pizza:
Top with vegetables and/or chicken
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Grate raw cauliflower using a food processor until it reaches a finely grated consistency.
- Microwave cauliflower for eight minutes and then let cool.
- While cauliflower is cooling, prep your toppings of choice. Choose a sauce (marinara or pesto, a cheese like feta, mozzarella, or goat cheese and your favorite toppings (red pepper, mushroom, cherry tomatoes and green onions pictured here).
- Once cauliflower has cooled to almost room temperature, combine it in a bowl with the remaining ingredients (aside from the toppings).
- Spray a nonstick baking sheet and spread mixture evenly on the pan so it forms a 9? x 16? rectangle.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are slightly browned.
- Layer sauce and toppings on baked crust and place pizza back in oven until all the cheese is melted and toppings are warmed through; about five minutes.